Oct 27, 2016
MAKE SOMEONE SMILE ON THIS DIWALI
Diwali is probably the most popular and well known of all Indian festivals. With different styles of celebration, rituals and traditions in different parts of India, this festival is well loved and welcomed in every Indian home. And every home is happy for Diwali. But Diwali is more about the spirit of giving than receiving. There are a lot of families who would love to celebrate Diwali the way we do in our homes.
Let’s take a look at some ways, we are planning to spread happiness on poor children’s / orphans face …..
• Give gifts to the needy – To New clothes, Gifts, giving away some food or toys to needy people will truly make them feel better this Diwali. So go ahead and donate!
• Donate to a cause – Keeping in the spirit of Diwali, try and make a donation to some cause. India has a lot of issues and we are struggling hard with problems like education, domestic violence, rehabilitation, women’s issues, etc. Making a small donation will surely bring a smile to many faces.
• Invite needy kids to play – Organizing a small fireworks party so that local slum kids or needy children can also be a part of a Diwali celebration.
• Give baksheesh – A lot of people have issues with giving a token gift amount to people like postmen, milkmen, servants, newspaper boys, etc. But what is small change to you can truly light up their Diwali. There are only a couple of festivals in India when they ask for baksheesh, so go ahead and be generous!
• Giving Sweets – It is not uncommon to see boxes and boxes of sweets being thrown away after Diwali. The average home gets a whopping 8 boxes of sweets every Diwali. Instead of just eating a bit and throwing away the rest, give some away to poor people. Their gratitude will bring many a cheer to your heart!
Thus, with a few tiny actions, you will find true peace and happiness this Diwali. After all, you will have lit up more homes than just your own!
PLEASE HELP US IN THIS CAUSE TO MAKE CHILDERNS HAPPY THIS DIWALI